By naming Conway Area Humane Society as a beneficiary of your life insurance, estate or trust, you are planning a final act of selflessness dedicated to a cause bigger than life itself. Making a donation of appreciated stocks, bequests in your will, or charitable gift annuities ensures that we can continue to serve animals in need for generations to come. If saving the lives of animals speaks to your heart, please contact us today for more information and planning tools.
Did you know?
- Almost everyone has the ability to make a planned gift. Bequests are the most common gift of the middle class.The average person makes their first charitable bequest commitment around 40-50 years of age.
- Planned gifts are designed to help you meet your own family/personal obligations while also supporting the mission of the Conway Area Humane Society. Planned gifts can give you income and tax advantages, too.
- Bequests can help CAHS continue providing specific services – rescuing animals, providing medical care, finding our pets new homes, community outreach initiatives, educational programs and more.
- Transferring an IRA distribution to a charity may allow retired individuals to avoid paying income taxes on the amount withdrawn, and such distributions can be used to meet IRA required minimum distributions.
- Making CAHS a beneficiary to a bank account or IRA can remove the account from probate.
- The cash value of a gifted life insurance policy may qualify for an immediate charitable deduction.
- In all cases of planned giving, you can designate that your gifted funds be dedicated to any specific area of shelter need or service.
Please check with your tax advisor to ensure best options before proceeding with any tax favored giving strategies.